Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Recipe and a Read. . .

Neither are mine, but I thought you may enjoy them regardless. The first is a book that caught my eye while perusing the current issue of Country Living magazine. It's The Prairie Girl's Guide to Life. Looks like fun!




And now a recipe! Have you seen Alton Brown on the Food Network? The man is awesome, in my book, and I always learn so much about food, too! On a recent episode (recorded in 2002) I stumbled across, he was chatting it up about tomatoes. Did you realize they're considered a berry? Me neither. Anywho, here's a yummocious looking recipe of his for TBL Panzanella. If you're able, please catch the episode. It's so much more fun to watch him that to look at a plain 'ol recipe, wouldn't you think? It will air again on August 11th at 11p and 2a. Here's a quick synopsis of it from the shows site: "Tomatoes: Learn everything you need to know about making the best use of the biggest berry to ever be called a vegetable. Take a serious look at serrated knives, a strange and delicious sandwich and a tomato sauce that almost isn't."

2 comments:

Jennifer Worick said...

I hope you enjoy reading the Prairie Girl's Guide to Life as much as I enjoyed writing it. Check out my blog if you get a chance: jenniferworick.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I want to go eat a tomato right now.

Susan
http://www.raisin-toast.com