Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Gift of Flowers. . .

SuperDad rarely, if ever, brings home flowers due to allergies, etc. So when a good friend of mine brought these when she picked up SuperGirl for a playdate, I was ecstatic. Aren't they beautiful? There are cosmos, zinnias, and something starlike. It looks similar to Queen Anne's Lace, but it's much more delicate looking.Any idea what this could be?

Thank you everyone! I believe it is dill. I just called the cutter of the plant to see if she knew what it was, and she thinks it's dill or fennel.

I have some other friends who have said they have a huge fennel patch, so I'll make sure and ask them.

:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know the name of these flowers but I use them and other flowers to make small wreathes the 1st of May every year.But they are white in my country .Lets call them stars!

Marina from Greece

MamaMoon said...

fennel? i will come over to smell it...

Anonymous said...

Sure looks like the blooms on dill too. An herb perhaps?

Lochlanina said...

The green flower is definitely in the Umbellifers plant family, which includes the white Queen Ann's Lace, Bishop Flowers, and the blooms of garden carrots as well. My best guess for an ID on your flower (without the foliage to give me a clue) would be that it's Parsley or Dill. Both of those are blooming right now in my own gardens and their blooms look very much alike and like your flowers.

ByLightOfMoon said...

No Idea, but I love wildflowers! smiles, cyndi