Monday, July 28, 2008

Boy, We're an Odd Bunch. . .

Never in my life, did I think I'd say what I am about to say.

First, let's just clarify that I have cleaned up baby poop, throw-ups, etc., and SuperDad does the animal messes, dead "presents" included. Well, since we found/adopted Hobbes as a kitten last June, we've had a dramatic increase in dead things. Not pleasant, especially with 2 kiddos playing outdoors.



Anywho, I called SuperDad a short while ago to inform him, we now have 3 bodies to remove from the yard. Don't worry, Mom. Two of them were not your grandchildren. Like I would tell people if it came to that. . . O.k., back to the story. The bodies appear to be shrews, not sure though. Little late to worry about it since they're dead. SuperDad tells me we'll have to start paying SuperBoy (4) for removal service. I said you've got to be kidding me, but I handed the phone to SuperBoy to see what he thought. He was all over the idea and ran to get his child-size shovel! Well, SuperGirl (8) found out money was involved and she was practically begging SuperBoy to remove one of the three. I said no, that she'd have to discuss that with her daddy.



Anywho, I certainly thought I'd grown up more civilized and proper than to pay a four year old for varmint removal. But hey, as long as I don't have to do it, he can have it and all the perks.

Yuck!

~~ P.S. Please pay no attention whatsoever to the pjs. I couldn't get him out of them today, and it's just a battle I didn't feel was worth fighting. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where does valiant grandchild take the animal detritus? An inside out plastic bag works well too. LOVE YA

Jenny said...

You kidding me? I'm not touching those suckers, even through a plastic bag!

Prince Valiant takes them to the woods over yonder ivy and weed, where no human dare tread.

XO

Anonymous said...

roflmao...

Jenny said...

I glad we could be here for you, Rachel. :)

DanThoms said...

Ha ha ha, thats funny and money well spent.