Friday, August 1, 2008

Another Book. . .




I saw this at our local library the other evening and thought I'd pass along the info. I read this book about slavery on a local plantation a couple of years ago and loved it. I learned a lot about plantation life and day to day duties while reading and I still think of it often. The story is told from the slave's perspective and offers such insight to their plight in life. It took place at Montpelier, which is being remodeled and is open to the public 363 days a year. When my Mom is able to come over, we usually feed the kiddos and head out to Montpelier to see what changes they've made. It's being taken back to its original setup when President and Mrs. Madison lived there.

A view from the library on the second floor at Montpelier taken this past May.

0 comments: