6 cups, diced, peeled potatoes
5 cups water
2 cups diced onions
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup margarine or butter
12 oz. can evaporated milk
1. Combine all ingredients except milk, parsley and cheese in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on High 7-8 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in milk and parsley. Stir in cheese until it melts. Heat thoroughly.
1. For added flavor, stir in 3 slices bacon, browned until crisp and crumbled.
2. Top individual servings with chopped chives.