Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Does this make you happy?


Silly, isn't it. I absolutely love it. Many times, when there is a fussy child around here, I'll pull out the 'ol pink spoon. Yes, at times I wanna wallup the heck out of the little darlings, but I refrain. I hold the spoon o-so-gently at the base, face of the spoon about bosom height, and ask if this makes them happy. I usually get a smile, and the situation can be diffused. Usually. My husband thinks I'm a nut job and rolls his eyes like I"ve jumped off the deep end with no water in sight. Upon returning from the grocery store by myself a few weeks ago, my daughter holds up a wooden spoon, much like I've held the happy spoon in the past. Only this time................. my dear husband has drawn a frowny face on a piece of masking tape and taped it on the spoon. I just looked at him and said "This doesn't make me happy." He burst out laughing, like he had pulled the wool over my eyes and had a great time. Needless to say, the two spoons sit side by side in the crock that holds our utensils on the counter, forever together.

I hope we've made you smile.

3 comments:

antigoni said...

It's a good thing to have funny things in the house and create funny moments for the kids.

Anonymous said...

Now there's a word I haven't heard since my dad was around - wallup!!! Brings back memories!!!! :>) Love the spoon-a happy alternative to being walluped!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have one of these in orange! And it does make me happy every time I use it. :)